The Charters Towers Regional Council is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager Utilities.
The main requirement of this role is to provide a professional engineering capability in the area of Water and Sewerage facilities and services to the Community and to manage the Council's Airport Depot.
This is a key role in the organisation and Council is seeking an experienced Local Government professional.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Assist the Director Infrastructure Services in the planning, organising and implementing Council's Water and Sewerage Work Programs
- Provide effective leadership, assistance, support, management of staff.
- Operational and facilities management role for the Airport and air strips located at the regional townships.
Applicants must demonstrate skills and experience in;
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant practical experience in a management and operational environment of water and sewerage treatment plants and reticulation networks.
- Experience in the preparation and management of complex budgets.
- Demonstrated people management skills.
The Charters Towers Regional Council services a community of 12900 from the regional centre of Charters Towers, which is located 90 minutes to the West of Townsville. The Council employs approximately 250 staff, and has an annual budget of approximately $60M, including $19M capital works.
The Charters Towers Region is an important and diverse economic driver in the Queensland economy, with Mining, Tourism, Agriculture and Education the major industries. The region is poised for growth, with substantial investment planned in irrigated agriculture, urban and commercial development, and the construction and expansion of military facilities throughout the region.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package, which reflects the significance of this position to the organisation and community, and to attract the highest calibre candidates.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
For further information, please download the Inforamtion pack for this role or contact Rob Maxwell at Leading Roles on 0407 164 600.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 10th April 2018 at 5pm.