Gladstone Regional Council has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Legal Advisor to join their team. This newly created role will bring legal expertise in-house and provide much needed support across the organisation.
Gladstone Regional Council is seeking an organised person with demonstrated experience working in a changing environment. This person will be responsible for setting up all internal processes and will have the freedom to create an effective working practice whilst maintaining professional standards at all times.
- Prepare and deliver high-quality, professional and effective legal services across Council, building an understanding of legal issues, risks and obligations through professional advice to all areas of Council.
- Design and implement the legal framework, including development of tools and template to assist the business units to perform their duties.
- Develop and maintain a best practice system that supports the monitoring, assessing and reporting on all open legal issues ensuring Councils legal obligations and legal risks are managed effectively.
- Assist in governance or administrative law review tasks (such as policy review/interpretation) where required providing advice to relevant officers to ensure all legal implications are fully understood and identified to assist decision making.
- Manage the development, review and adoption of Council's Local Laws in consultation with the Manager Governance and subject matter experts
Experience in Local Government is not required however you must be degree qualified with 10 years' experience preferred. You will be a creative thinker with innovative ways of enhancing your stakeholders experience when requesting legal advice. This is a great opportunity for a pro-active person who thrives in a changing environment.
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Gladstone Regional Council is looking for enthusiastic, forward-thinking achievers whose talents and expertise will help direct Council and the Region's community into a new and exciting future.
Council offers its employees great incentives with flexible superannuation options (up to 12% for eligible employees), salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Kelly-Ann Lynch on 0425 343 293.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July 2018.