Senior Human Resources Advisor - Far North QLD
- Promote a workplace culture of continuous development
- Coach and mentor staff to build capability
- 3-month contract opportunity
Leading Roles is seeking an experienced HR Generalist to provide staff guidance and advice on human resources and industrial relations matters. This is a 3-month contract/interim role with potential for extension.
As the Senior Human Resources Advisor, you will build positive workplace relationships and provide direction, coaching and mentoring to staff to develop the team's capabilities.
- Providing specialist advice on HR/IR matters
- Coaching, mentoring and developing supervisors and staff to encourage an engaged workforce
- Providing professional guidance and support regarding dispute resolution, grievance processes, performance management and disciplinary matters
- Assisting with the implementation and maintenance of human resource policies, procedures, initiatives and frameworks.
Essential skills and experience:
- Dealing with complex industrial and employee relations issues and challenges
- Demonstrated experience in providing HR coaching and guidance
- Extensive experience in interpreting and applying complex human resources and industrial relations frameworks and legislation
- Developing and maintaining HR policies and procedures
- Tertiary qualifications in human resources management (or related area) highly regarded and /or demonstrated experience in a HR generalist role.
Communication, interpersonal, coaching, negotiation, mediation and consultative skills are essential and previous experience working in a local government will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.