Senior Finance Officer | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
Assist in the delivery of financial reporting and continuous improvements of financial systems
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a Senior Finance Officer to provide assistance and support to the Manager Finance Services in managing council's finances to ensure financial sustainability, sound financial planning, management of financial risks and financial reporting. With a focus on financial reconciliations, the Senior Finance Officer will contribute to a range of transactional finance activities.
- Assist with end of year reconciliation and reporting.
- Prepare monthly reporting, statistical returns and acquittals.
- Assist with budget and financial statement preparation.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, business or other related field and/or significant practical experience
- Experience in completing financial reporting requirements
- Sound understanding of budget and financial statement preparation
- Maintaining computerised financial systems including general ledger, budget ledger and asset register
- Highly organised with ability to multi-task and plan efficiently
- High-level competency in Microsoft Excel applications
- Previous Local Government experience is very desirable
- Current C Class open drivers' licence
Living and working in the Region
Located just five hours' drive west of Brisbane on the QLD-NSW border, Balonne Shire Council has a dedicated team of 80+ staff and population of 4,500 people who live in the surrounding towns of St George, Thallon, Dirranbandi, Bollon, Nindigully, Mungindi and Hebel.
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. Council also offers support for training and professional development, competitive remuneration and work/life balance. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant community.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009243
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 30 November 2020