Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking a Senior Environmental Health Officer.
The main requirement of this position is to provide supervision to the Council's Environmental Health Officers.
Key duties will include;
- Lead, direct and supervise all aspects of Council's Environmental Health team.
- Provide specialist environmental health advice and input to the Planning Department.
- Investigate and manage complex, higher level contentious matters.
- Advocate community awareness of environmental health issues and responsibilities.
Essential skills and experience will include;
- Experience in an Environmental Health Officer supervisory role, and or comprehensive knowledge of the duties of a senior Environmental Health Officer.
- Ability to exercise judgement in the interpretation and application of relevant legislation.
- Ability to meet time constraints and work under pressure. Demonstrated success in managing projects on time, on cost and to meet specific needs.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
The Fraser Coast sits at the crossroads of the Wide Bay Burnett, one of Australia's fastest-growing regions. This ideal location and affordable relaxed lifestyle, coupled with a diverse industrial base, creates exciting opportunities.
Fraser Coast Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
For an information pack and to apply for this role, please click on the links below or contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600 or Gemma Sheridan 0407 009 243.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 30th April 2018