Senior Engineer | Toowoomba Regional Council | Crows Nest, Toowoomba, Qld
An opportunity to encompass your skills as a leader and experience as a Civil Engineer providing technical expertise across construction and maintenance infrastructure projects in the Toowoomba region.
The Senior Engineer will mentor and develop a team of engineering professionals, while having a key focus on managing the delivery of multiple infrastructure projects and operational priorities from a technical and constructability perspective.
Toowoomba Regional Council is offering a competitive remuneration package that includes a vehicle for commuter use.
As the Senior Engineer you will provide technical advice for infrastructure projects within the civil construction and maintenance programs.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Grow and develop your career within a supportive organisation
- Provide innovative and practical solutions to civil engineering infrastructure projects
- Play a key role in the ongoing infrastructure development of the Toowoomba region
- Live and work in one of the top five liveable cities in Australia
- Be challenged in working across diverse infrastructure projects
- Be supported in gaining RPEQ status
- Lead, develop and mentor a small civil engineering team
- Project management of minor and major civil construction projects
- Provide expert civil engineering technical advice
- Project progress reporting
- Lead a strong safety culture across all projects
- Undertake design and constructability reviews
- Stakeholder engagement
- Project scoping, specifications and estimating
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (Civil)
- Extensive experience providing engineering and technical advice in a civil infrastructure construction environment
- RPEQ (or the ability to acquire in short term)
Council is offering a generous remuneration package (including vehicle) with career and personal development opportunities in the future. This is a challenging role that will allow you to work across a diverse range of projects within an organisation that has strong values and a commitment to developing its people.
The Toowoomba region has a population of approximately 170,000 and is located within a 90-minute drive west of Brisbane. The region is forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Toowoomba has twice been voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: 5.00pm on Monday 26 October 2020.