Senior Designer | Gladstone Regional Council
- Play a key role in the future development of the Gladstone region
- Bring Civil Design innovation and expertise
- Competitive salary, 9-day fortnight and lifestyle benefits
The Senior Designer will work within a competent and professional Civil Design team. Having a variety of civil projects, predominantly in roads and road infrastructure, underway and planned, the work will be challenging and rewarding.
As the Senior Designer you will make an important contribution to achieving Council's objectives around excellence in asset management, particularly planning and design to better balance the financial, environmental and social costs, risk, quality and affordability of service-related assets.
- Design of asset solutions from project initiation through to conceptual designs, detailed designs, "For Construction" and "As Built" drawings.
- Utilising design software packages and processes, undertake drafting activities, prepare cost estimates, bill of quantities, and technical documentation.
- Implement and comply with design standards, documentation and drawing standards.
- Provide design advice for planning, design and construction projects and programs.
- Demonstrated significant Civil Design experience in the areas of roads and road infrastructure.
- Expertise in Civil 3D, advanced road design packages or 12D
- Associate degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) and / or extensive experience in a similar role.
- Sound understanding of roads guidelines, relevant Acts and Regulations, Engineering Guidelines and Standards.
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone region that focuses on working together to balance the Region's lifestyle and opportunity.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 30 May 2022.