Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Tablelands Regional Council is seeking an experienced Senior Design Technician to form part of a growing team, producing quality, economical designs for various medium-to-large civil projects within the Tablelands Regional Council area.
The Senior Design Technician will be forward-thinking and a team player with the ability to liaise at all levels whilst representing Tablelands Regional Council in a professional manner. Your team is supportive, social and you will enjoy learning from a range of peers who have varied experiences and roles within the project space.
- Prepare design concepts construction drawings, estimates and specifications for Council Works projects which demonstrate innovation and an in-depth knowledge of Council objectives.
- Provide general and/or technical assistance across other departments within Council.
- Undertake field work for council works and projects including onsite technical advice for construction staff.
- Attend to complaints, queries and other matters associated with design service activities.
- Supervise design staff on moderately complex technical projects in line with council objectives.
- Liaise with service and government authorities for coordination and location of services.
Skills and Experience
- Associate degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrated high level efficiency in the use of CAD & 12D Design software.
- Demonstrated use of relevant Engineering Design Standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant policy and legislation.
The Tablelands Regional Council services a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport. The Tablelands region has good road networks with endless opportunities to explore, year-round great climate, rich history, new world-class infrastructure, an assortment of accommodation options and friendly hospitality - making it a great place to live and raise a family.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the region and make a difference to the way in which Civil Projects are completed and rolled out.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria in the Information Pack. Applications should be provided in Word (.doc or .docx) format.
The application period will close at 5pm Monday 29 April 2019.