Senior Construction Engineer
Sunshine Coast Council | Caloundra Qld
- Be part of building Australia's most sustainable region
- Project manage a wide variety of civil infrastructure projects
- Work with a visionary leadership team
Sunshine Coast Council is seeking a Senior Construction Engineer to manage a wide variety of civil infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the Sunshine Coast Region.
Reporting to the Civil Construction Manager, the Senior Construction Engineer will be a central point of contact for the construction of capital projects from design hand over to completion, whilst also providing comprehensive forward planning and construction management services to project clients and customers.
- Project manage efficient delivery of construction works including pavements, bridges, drainage, waste disposal and coastal assets.
- Ensure projects are planned and delivered with best practice project and quality management standards.
- Provide leadership to works crews and foster a working culture that is positive, productive and focused on continuous improvement and One Team behaviours.
Qualifications, skills, and attributes
- Experience managing end-to-end civil construction projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead work crews and contractors
- Sound understanding of WH&S requirements, Environmental Legislation, Advisory Standards and Industry Codes of Practice
- Strong communication skills and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Civil Engineering Qualifications and eligibility to meet RPEQ certification.
The Sunshine Coast Council is an organisation that values its people and local communities. Council's vision is to be Australia's most sustainable region - Healthy, Smart, and Creative. The Council is at the forefront of delivering a number of game-changer projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity.
How to apply
Please Download the Candidate Information Package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 12 July 2021.