The Douglas Shire Council has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Community and Economic Development Officer.
The main requirement of this role is to lead and implement the Council's Economic Development Strategy and promote the generation of sustainable business and economic development initiatives in the Douglas Shire Region.
This is a key role in the organisation and council is seeking candidates with good commercial acumen and strong relationship building skills. To be successful in the role you will need to be entrepreneurial and have the ability to think outside the box.
Key Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Develop and deliver key economic development initiatives and drive identified projects.
- Liaise with government agencies business and investors to enhance economic development and employment opportunities across the region.
- Monitor the community and economic development needs of the community.
Essential Skills include;
- Tertiary qualification in economics, business, marketing, planning or related field.
- Knowledge and experience within a senior economic development role.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the economic needs of the Douglas Shire region.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council is seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Information packs and application forms can be downloaded from our website https://www.leadingroles.com.au/job-search/
For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243 or submit your resume with a covering letter via the Leading Roles website www.leadingroles.com.au/job-search/
Applications for this position will close on Monday 18 June 2018 at 5pm.