Senior Civil Designer
Bundaberg Regional Council | Bundaberg, Qld
Play a key technical role in the delivery of civil design programs in the Bundaberg region.
The Senior Civil Designer provides detailed investigations, design, drafting, technical advice and cost estimating for Bundaberg Regional Council's civil design programs.
Working within the engineering services branch, the Senior Civil Designer will contribute to the development of new design systems to ensure best practice standards and quality assurance for council's infrastructure programs.
- Conducts investigations, design and drafting services for all aspects of council's works.
- Undertake field investigations and prepares technical reports.
- Provide technical consultancy services to all relevant sections of council.
- Coordinate, source and manage external contract designers.
- Contributes to the development of innovative and new design techniques and processes.
- Provides guidance and technical advice to associated team members and contributes to their development and capabilities.
Personal attributes and qualifications required:
- Minimum Associate Degree in Engineering (or equivalent) from a Washington Accord accredited body with relevant design experience in municipal engineering.
- Significant experience and knowledge in the design of civil infrastructure including roads and drainage, water and wastewater reticulation and associated construction and maintenance techniques.
- Detailed knowledge and experience using software for civil design, drainage and storm water design programs including 12d, AutoCAD, GIS.
- Drainage and storm water design software.
- Strong ability to produce technical reports and accurate design records.
- Have a strong customer service focus with well-developed communication skills.
- A willingness to work in a team-oriented work environment.
As the new Senior Civil Designer, you will have the opportunity to bring innovation and develop your career in a team-oriented work environment while living and working in a desirable coastal location with excellent lifestyle opportunities. Council is offering an attractive remuneration package that includes 12% superannuation, 17.5 % leave loading and professional development opportunities.
How to apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm Friday 18 December 2020.