Senior Asset Management Engineer | Gladstone Regional Council - Central Queensland
- An opportunity to shape council's asset management in water and wastewater
- Develop and mentor asset managers
- Career progression in a developing local government
Leading Roles are seeking a Senior Asset Management Engineer in the Water and Wastewater division for Gladstone Regional Council. The role has an integral role in developing and improving council's water and wastewater asset management practices.
The Senior Asset Management Engineer will implement review processes, an asset maintenance program and maximise value from council's assets. The Senior Asset Engineer will be a technical leader in the organisation, and provide advice, support and mentoring to other asset managers within the business.
- Establish asset maintenance schedules for water and wastewater assets
- Analyse asset data to assist in managing whole of life costs, reliability, and ongoing functionality of council's water and wastewater assets.
- Develop water and wastewater asset renewal plans with short-, medium- and long-term foresight.
- Coordinate, implement and review condition monitoring programs and provide reporting to key stakeholders on asset performance.
- Transitioning council's asset management software from Assetic MyData to TechnologyOne while managing business as usual.
- Assess opportunities for improvement, and implement maintenance strategies across water and wastewater infrastructure, particularly regarding frequently failing or underperforming assets.
- Asset Management is a developing discipline within Gladstone Regional Council. There is an opportunity to grow the area, the position, and the impact of effectively managed assets on the sustainability of the council.
- There is no standardised approach to pump asset management, which presents an an opportunity for optimisation of the network.
- As this is a developing role, there is opportunity and appetite to apply and implement innovative ideas.
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring within the Assets Management team.
- Water and wastewater maintenance programs are currently not well developed and require implementation.
- Asset management procedures require large scale review, updates and implementation.
- Continuous improvement and development of maintenance plans.
- Effective analysis of asset data to assess effectiveness of renewal programs.
- Establishment of a framework for prioritisation of asset maintenance, clearing backlogs of preventative maintenance work and move the council into a proactive, well planned asset management footing.
Gladstone Regional Council provides a range of benefits for their employees including a 9-day fortnight, relocation assistance, employee assistance program, discounted gym membership and free physio.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 30 May 2022.