Central Highlands Regional Council is looking to appoint a Senior Advisor Workforce Support to provide professional advice and support to line Managers in the areas of people management and industrial relations. This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team and make a strong contribution to Council and the local community.
The role reports to the Human Resources Manager.
- Provide expert industrial relations advice and undertake workplace investigations
- Support and guide line managers to lead high performing teams
- Provide professional advice around interpretation of industrial, Local Government and relevant legislation and awards impacting on employee management
- Support change initiatives and development of corporate culture in line with Council requirements
- Lead, motivate, develop and support other members of the HR team to deliver service excellence.
Required experience and required qualifications
- Proven experience working in a Senior HR and Industrial Relations Advisor role, ideally in local government
- Demonstrated knowledge of current employment and industrial relations legislation, Local Government legislation and awards
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking workplace investigations to successful outcomes
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management or similar
- Minimum of Queensland C class provisional driver's licence
The Central Highlands region is located west of the Capricorn Coast in Central Queensland, and is the gateway to the Sapphire Gemfields. It boasts a country lifestyle with access to all major services including shopping, sports, recreation, health, education and regular air services. This position can be based in any of the regional towns across the region, the choice is yours.
A competitive remuneration is on offer. The Council also offers its employees great incentives including salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 5 September 2018.