Tablelands Regional Council - Senior Advisor Emergency Management
Tablelands Regional Council is seeking an Emergency Management expert who will be responsible for leading and managing the development, implementation and maintenance of policy, strategy, systems, procedures, training and other practices that ensure a first-class response and recovery capability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from disaster events in the Tablelands Region and / or business disruptions affecting Council in strict compliance with statutory requirements.
The position has a strong focus on development and implementation of corporate disaster management and business continuity strategies and plans for prevention (mitigation) and preparedness across the organisation and community.
The key responsibilities include;
* Ensure that Tablelands Regional Council complies with all legislative and policy requirements in relation to disaster management and provide strategic advice, guidance and direction to enhance disaster management within the region and facilitate alignment with corporate vision, goals and strategies.
* Adopt a research and risk-based approach to disaster management and business continuity planning and incorporate lessons from local, state, national and international disaster events into planning, policy developments and corporate governance arrangements.
* Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of disaster management and business continuity policy, strategy, systems, plans and procedures across the organisation and with peak community bodies.
Essential Qualifications and Experience;
- Advanced Diploma of Public Safety (Emergency Management) and / or
- 3-5 years practical experience in disaster management (preferably in local government).
- Good working knowledge of the Guardian software and the Australasian Inter-Service Incident Management System (AIIMS).
Tablelands Regional Council services a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, in Queensland. Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands region has good road networks with endless opportunities to explore, year-round great climate, rich history, new world-class infrastructure, an assortment of accommodation options and friendly hospitality - making it a great place to live and raise a family.
Please click on the link below to download the Information Pack for this role or for a confidential discussion please contact Kelly-Ann Lynch at Leading Roles on 0425 343 293.
The application period will close at 5pm Friday 18th May, 2018