Section Leader Procurement and Logistics
Coffs Harbour City Council | NSW
- Enable the organisation and create outstanding procurement outcomes
- Lead and influence $37.6 million procurement portfolio
- Enjoy great work-life balance in a thriving and beautiful coastal resort town
Coffs Harbour City Council is seeking an experienced procurement professional who is commercially astute and has high-level communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
The Section Leader Procurement and Logistics is the council's senior procurement resource, and has responsibility for the council's procurement strategy, policy and performance.
The Section Leader oversees a contract portfolio of $37.6 million in value, and leads a team of 16 contracts, procurement, and procurement operations specialists.
The priorities for the role include:
- Development of a procurement strategy and procurement plan that enables the organization, drives value and matches the council's 4-year budget cycle.
- Build knowledge and capability in the council organization, improving procurement literacy and outcomes.
- Act as council's most senior procurement resource, advising and supporting the executive, management, and technical teams.
- Excellent salary and a 35-hour week
- Flexible work arrangements for work-life balance
- Career growth and professional development
- Other benefits include an employee wellness program, opportunities to purchase additional annual leave and salary sacrificing options
- Experience in a position with similar scope and scale to this role.
- Experience leading procurement and contracts teams, ideally within government or a highly regulated environment.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and a focus on internal and external relationships.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Business, Commerce, Economics or Accounting or similar.
- Certificate in Procurement and Supply is highly regarded as well as CIPS membership.
How to Apply:
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 13 June 2022.