Safety Business Partner
Bundaberg Regional Council | Bundaberg, Qld
- Contribute to the organisational safety strategy
- Drive safety programs that promote a culture of safety comes first
- Fulltime permanent, RDO, up to 12% super, commuter use vehicle
Bundaberg Regional Council is seeking a safety professional to provide insight and tactical advice for safety compliance and implement training and process improvements to promote a culture of safety comes first. The Safety Business Partner works closely with management and staff within Water Services, Fleet, Trades and Organisational Services (HR, Finance, Legal), developing work health and safety strategies and providing support and information to foster a proactive and positive workplace safety culture.
As the Safety Business Partner, you will promote continuous improvements in workplace health and safety and implement initiatives to mitigate risk and improve safety performance across the organisation.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Bring operational work groups on the organisational safety strategy journey.
- Engage with the organisation and drive innovative safety initiatives to embed a safety culture and build safety performance.
- Create the 'next-level' of focus and awareness for work health and safety performance of council's workforce.
- Develop early intervention initiatives to manage safety practices.
- Deliver incident response and incident investigations in a timely manner.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Qualifications in Workplace, Health and Safety or related discipline (Diploma level or above).
- Strong communication skills to inspire and influence positive safety behaviours.
- Comparable experience in a similar role within construction, heavy industry or local government.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience interpreting and applying legislation, awards, industrial instruments and workplace policies.
- Experience developing and coordinating the delivery of work health and safety training.
- Sound knowledge of work health and safety legislative frameworks.
This is an ideal opportunity to develop your career, work with a respected team, and join a progressive organisation that values its people and provides excellent services to the local region. Council is offering a competitive remuneration package, including commuter use vehicle, up to 12% superannuation and an RDO every three weeks.
How to apply
Please download the candidate information pack to review the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 29 November 2021.