The Charters Towers Regional Council is offering an exciting opportunity for a Road Contract Coordinator. This is a Full-time limited tenure position for 12 months.
The main requirement of this role is to manage the performance of Infrastructure Services Program of Works ensuring efficient and cost-effective utilisation of plant, labour and materials.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Manage the performance of Infrastructure Services Program of Works.
- Provide high quality direction and supervision to Leading Hands and their Work Teams.
- Consult and collaborate with Infrastructure Services senior management team in relation to the planning, organisation and implementation of the Program of Works.
Essential selection criteria includes;
- Possession and maintenance of a C class drivers licence.
- Certificate III or IV Civil Construction or equivalent.
- Certificate IV Front Line Management.
- Minimum Traffic Controller Ticket and/or Level 2 Implementation Traffic Management plans.
- Demonstrated experience within a role responsible for coordinating civil construction and maintenance programs.
- Project management ability including works programming, contract management, and budget monitoring activities.
- Understanding of civil construction and maintenance techniques, including emerging practices and technologies.
The Charters Towers Regional Council services a community of 12900 from the regional centre of Charters Towers, which is located 90 minutes to the West of Townsville. The Council employs approximately 250 staff, and has an annual budget of approximately $60M, including $19M capital works.
The Charters Towers Region is an important and diverse economic driver in the Queensland economy, with Mining, Tourism, Agriculture and Education the major industries. The region is poised for growth, with substantial investment planned in irrigated agriculture, urban and commercial development, and the construction and expansion of military facilities throughout the region.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package, which reflects the significance of this position to the organisation and community, and to attract the highest calibre candidates.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click on the link below to download the Information Pack for this role or for a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243. Please use the Apply Now button to lodge your application.
The closing date for applications is Monday 9th July 2018 at 5pm.