Toowoomba Regional Council is seeking an outgoing and engaging Regional Road Safety Officer. This varied role requires an Engineer, or Engineering power professional, who can deliver outcomes under the newly drafted strategy. The next 5-year strategy aligns with the safety system approach. The successful applicant will have a strong engineering background combined with community engagement experience.
This is an exciting role where your forward-thinking nature will assist with future road safety initiatives, in a growing region. A great chance to work within local government in a unique role. You will also be supported with a high level of data, research and statistics.
The successful applicant will be innovative, engaging and a real people person with excellent communication skills. This is a time challenging role with multiple events every year, averaging around 50 actions over the 5-year plan, as well as continuous community engagement and assistance with all road safety matters raised by the public.
- Focus on engineering initiatives that Council can deliver for safer outcomes
- Provide leadership in this area
- Strong engagement with the community
- Provide expert engineering advice in a road safety context
- Preparing Black Spot funding submissions to the federal government and assisting to manage the implementation of those for which funding approval is received
- Planning, budgeting, scheduling, recording, evaluating and reporting for road safety strategies and action plans, including related programs and activities
- Concentration on crash reduction in areas with higher than average statistics
- Investigating and addressing road safety matters raised by members of the community
- Providing high level specialist advice and support relating to current and future road safety initiatives
- Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Engineering, Behavioural Sciences, Education, Marketing, Communications or Sciences, or a combination of qualifications, substantial experience and competence in the Road Safety field and related Traffic Engineering disciplines, sufficient to enable the incumbent to perform all aspects of the role.
- Possession of WH&S Competency Card for CPCCOHS1001A - Work Safely in the Construction Industry or 30215QLD - Course in General Safety Induction (Construction Industry), or a willingness to obtain this card before commencement.
- Possession of a current unrestricted 'C' Class Driver's Licence
The Toowoomba Region has a population of approximately 165,000 and is located within a 90-minute drive west of Brisbane. The region is forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Toowoomba has twice been voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Council is offering a competitive remuneration package as well as opportunities for professional satisfaction, growth and development.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Sarah Healey on 0474 426 986.
The closing date for applications is Monday 26 November 2018 at 5pm.