Rates Officers - Queensland
An excellent 6-month contract opportunity for motivated Rates Officers!
Leading Roles is seeking Rates Officers to efficiently maintain the rating system and collect outstanding rates for a regional council in Central Queensland. The key focus is customer liaison, debt recovery, record reconciliation and accurate reporting in a timely manner.
- Assist in the collection of outstanding rates in accordance with Council's rate recovery procedures.
- Ensure rate payer records are accurate
- Reconcile ledger accounts
- Assist in statutory reporting.
Essential skills and experience:
- Knowledge of government legislation in relation to rating functions
- Experience of Local Government rating systems
- Experience in revenue/debt collection procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential and previous experience working in a local government will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Apply by hitting the "apply now" button and attaching your CV.