Rates Officer - Queensland
- Contract opportunity
- Work from home
- Immediate start with generous contract rates
Leading Roles is seeking a motivated and experienced Rates Officer for a 3-month contract with possible extension. This is an opportunity to work remotely.
The Rates Officer will support council to efficiently maintain the rating system and collect outstanding rates. As the Rates Officer, you will also liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders and provide excellent customer service.
- Assisting in the collection of rates in accordance with Council's rating procedures
- Ensuring that compliance and reporting requirements are met in a timely manner
- Assisting with council's statutory reporting and revenue collections
- Liaising with ratepayers on balances and follow up queries to ensure correct charges
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience using SynergySoft
- Extensive knowledge of Local Government operations, functions and legislative requirements; or similar operational experience
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Extensive experience in levying and administering rates and charges in accordance with the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulation 2012.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.