Gladstone Regional Council has a unique opportunity for a Property Acquisition and Disposal Specialist to join their team. This is a newly created role that will provide high level management and leadership within the Property Acquisition and Disposal function.
Council is seeking a person who is an astute property specialist with the ability to analyse and provide sound direction with regards to council property and land assets, with a focus on managing financial sustainability. You will be responsible for reviewing and updating all existing lease agreements and assessing and advising on the correct cause of action for each. Additionally, you will be responsible for acquiring land and easements to facilitate timely construction of new assets. This is a great opportunity to apply your commercial property and planning abilities within an organisation that is progressive and commercially focused.
- Maintain registers of properties owned or leased by Council
- Identify potential property opportunities within the region to meet asset creation requirements
- Negotiate and manage acquisition and disposal processes (including leases and easements)
- Maintain intelligence on land matters which may impact on short and long-term asset management
- Ensure Indigenous Land usage Agreements (ILUA) and native title requirements are met
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated extensive experience in a similar role
- Strong financial, analytical and reporting skills including risk identification and management
- Demonstrated understanding of Land Act 1994 (Qld), Land Titles Act 1994 (Qld) and Local Government Act 2009 (Qld)
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Degree qualifications in Property related discipline (desirable)
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Enthusiastic, forward-thinking achievers whose talents and expertise will help direct Council and the Region's community into a new and exciting future should apply.
The Council offers its employees great incentives including, salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 16th July 2018.