Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Tablelands Regional Council are seeking an innovative and creative Project Engineer to take a leading role in the delivery of water and waste capital projects. The role is an opportunity to investigate and implement emerging technologies to provide increased operational efficiencies and improved service levels to the community.
The Water and Waste Team has been recognised for their innovative bent and this position provides an opportunity for career development in a progressive working environment. A large body of strategic work related to water treatment and supply that has been done will inform future works.
There are numerous capital projects planned for 2020 and beyond including:
- A $1m+ Reservoir Restoration;
- Planning work to assess the move from river and creek supply to bore supply;
- Emergency power supply for SCADA;
- Emergency road access to a reservoir;
- $2m bore and rising main construction;
- $3m trunk pipeline; and
- Future upgrade of the Atherton Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Provide professional engineering support, advice and assistance to Council staff and to external stakeholders; with a specific focus on water & waste infrastructure;
- Project management of internal and external water & waste capital projects;
- Assist with the development of estimates and scheduling of proposed capital works; and
- Ensure the capital works programme supports the development of efficient service delivery for the community.
Tablelands Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 5th August 2019.