The Tablelands Regional Council is seeking a Project Engineer Civil to oversee projects from a design delivery perspective and be accountable for the decisions made by the project team.
This is a challenging and rewarding role where your previous Project Management experience will see you succeed, supported by a team dedicated to excellence and innovation.
This is an Agile environment where creativity is encouraged. You will enjoy working to achieve outcomes as opposed to working to simply complete a task. Your positive attitude and willingness to contribute will ensure job satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements of the role:
- Broad experience in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, and drainage infrastructure;
- Sound project management, interpersonal, analytical and problems solving skills;
- Demonstrated experience in asset management planning and the development of forward capital works programme;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of project budgets, estimates and project scheduling;
- Demonstrated ability to provide Civil Engineering advice and expertise in a range of construction and maintenance fields; and
- Broad experience in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, and drainage infrastructure.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- RPEQ accreditation.
- Queensland Construction White Card, or National equivalent.
The Tablelands Regional Council services a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport. The Tablelands region has good road networks with endless opportunities to explore, year-round great climate, rich history, new world-class infrastructure, an assortment of accommodation options and friendly hospitality - making it a great place to live and raise a family.
If you are looking for a role where your contribution is valued, leadership is supportive of new ideas and innovation is encouraged, click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600 or Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009243.
The application period will close on Monday 21st January 2019 at 5pm.