Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Toowoomba Regional Council is seeking to engage two highly capable Project Managers to join their accomplished Waste Services team. The Project Development Manager - Sustainable Waste takes a leading role across a number of significant projects to deliver the strategic vision for sustainable waste management in the region.
This is a two year full-time fixed term role which is likely to be extended.
Current projects include:
- Anaerobic digestion of organic waste;
- Heat treatment of timber waste;
- Beneficial Processing of aggregates; and
- Large scale waste to energy plant.
The key responsibilities in the role are:
- Constructing Commercial Business Cases for Sustainable Waste Projects;
- Strategic and Commercial Project Management;
- Tender Process and Contract Development;
- Engagement with Design Partners, Construction/Delivery Partners, Commercial Advisory Team, Precinct Development Partners; and
- Work closely with the Waste Services management team in project portfolio management to identify new projects in alignment with Council's Waste Management Strategy and gain funding approvals from Council to progress shortlisted projects.
Experience and Qualifications required are:
- Degree qualification in Business, Commerce or Project Management;
- Experience in commercial and strategic projects; and
- Evidence of stakeholder engagement.
The Toowoomba region has a population of approximately 105,000 and is located within a 90-minute drive west of Brisbane. The region is forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Toowoomba has twice been voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Council is offering a competitive remuneration package, including a vehicle, with excellent personal and professional development opportunities in the future. This is a challenging role that will allow you to work across a diverse range of projects within an organisation that has strong values and a commitment to developing it people. The Waste Service team have won numerous awards for their project delivery.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria in the Information Pack. Applications should be provided in Word (.doc or .docx) format.
The closing date for applications is Monday 15th April 2019 at 5pm.