Program Manager | Snowy Valleys Council | Tumut
Snowy Valleys Council is seeking a Program Manager to establish a redefined Program Management Office (PMO) that oversees the scoping, budgeting, scheduling and delivery of Council's project portfolio. Council is seeking to implement a project management methodology across the organisation with better systems, data and analytical performance, better collaboration and engagement with internal and external stakeholders and better community outcomes to improve community and government confidence in project and program management.
This greenfield role will have ownership of the management and governance systems and quality of outcomes for projects delivered by Council, both operational and capital. This position is also responsible for the identification and preparation of significant grant applications that support strategically aligned initiatives, using an investment logic mapping approach to the initial stages of project planning.
Due to the New South Wales Government's recent funding initiatives for merged councils, there are a large number of high value projects that have commenced in the Council area. Council are managing these with a strong outcome focus and are now seeking a more risk-balanced, project managed approach to underpin council's long-term sustainability.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive experience managing a broad range of complex projects
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of project management frameworks
- Extensive experience in establishing an effective Program Management Office model
- Demonstrated experience in developing systems, processes and performance reporting for project management to fit a wide variety of projects
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively and developing capability in managers and teams for project management across the organisation
- Demonstrated experience in grant preparation and initiation
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to build capability through providing advice and coaching to project managers
- The ability to prioritise projects in line with council's Corporate and Community Strategies
This role will suit a multi-disciplinary project manager who thrives under pressure, who has a natural ability to be organised and to organise others, and is well regarded for their positive, optimistic leadership.
Snowy Valleys Council
Snowy Valleys Council is a modern and well-connected Council with an operating budget of $56.7 million. With a dedicated workforce of more than 230 staff and two main administrative centres at Tumut and Tumbarumba, the council's key focus is to deliver outstanding local services that support strong and vibrant communities.
Working and Living in the Region
With a population of 14,935, Snowy Valleys covers an area of 8,960 square km in a beautiful natural environment ideally located between Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra. The National Snowy 2.0 project is a $5B local investment which will provide economic benefits and a range of exciting opportunities for jobs and clean renewable energy to the region. The diverse and vibrant local economy offers work prospects for partners and family in forestry, agriculture, health, education and tourism.
It's all about location and lifestyle - Snowy Valleys is renowned for its year-round festivals, rich cultural life, sporting events and recreational facilities for fishing, hiking and cycling or join the locals who ski in the morning and swim in the afternoon!
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 9 December, 2019.