Program Leader Stormwater Services | Strategic Role | City of Hobart
Lead the planning and delivery of stormwater and waterways infrastructure services for the City of Hobart.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
With a focus on managing community assets, the Program Leader Stormwater Services will develop, plan, monitor and recommend improvements for the provision of quality stormwater services.
Reporting to the Manager Stormwater, Program Leader Stormwater Services will play a key role in planning and service delivery to ensure high standards of environmental sustainability and customer service excellence for the City of Hobart community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with development engineers on planning applications to ensure minimal impact to the public stormwater system.
- Developing policies and procedures in relation to the new planning scheme which is to be introduced in approximately one year.
- Mentoring and supervising junior staff members.
- Providing professional advice and guidance, to internal and external stakeholders, relating to water quality management and stormwater related environmental issues.
Benefits of the Role
- Supportive management team and professional career development opportunities.
- Opportunity to lead major investment in stormwater management.
- Flexible working conditions.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- An Engineers Australia accepted bachelor's degree in civil engineering or equivalent qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation relevant to waterways and stormwater management, including Urban Drainage Act 2013 and Environmental Management & Pollution Control Act 1994.
- Experience in developing capital works programs for stormwater assets, scoping of individual projects and preparing asset management plans.
- Knowledge of hydraulic modelling and mapping to assess flooding and inundation issues.
- Ability to prepare technical written reports.
- Excellent communication and consultation skills to undertake effective engagement with the community and relevant stakeholders.
Living in the Region
Hobart offers a contrasting blend of heritage, scenery and culture, with world class activities and attractions nearby. With its captivating history, picturesque waterways, rugged mountains and gourmet experiences, the city has something for everyone.
Nestled amongst the foothills of Mt Wellington, Hobart combines heritage charm with a modern lifestyle in a setting of exceptional beauty. Award-winning restaurants offer fine dining experiences using the best Tasmanian produce recognised by the world's celebrated chefs, while on the waterfront fishmongers sell fresh seafood straight from the Southern Ocean.
It's no wonder Lonely Planet has called Hobart one of the top ten spots to visit in the world right now.
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
For a confidential discussion about this role please call Vanessa Brown on 0488 972 766.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 30 March 2020.