Procurement Liaison Officer
Lockyer Valley Regional Council | Gatton, Qld
Facilitate and support end-to-end procurement processes for specialist infrastructure projects in the Lockyer Valley Region
The Procurement Liaison Officer will work closely with Lockyer Valley Regional Council's Infrastructure Group and procurement team to monitor and progress procurement functions for the delivery of projects that fall under the Queensland Government Works for Qld and Unite and Recover funding initiatives.
The successful candidate will assist the Infrastructure Group by providing procurement support and advice to ensure the needs of the Council are met in a cost effective and timely manner while maintaining compliance with legislation and Council's policies and procedures.
The position is being offered as a 12-month fixed term (full time) role.
- Optimise the procurement process for council
- Assist with the preparation of formal invitations for tender or quote
- Advise internal and external stakeholders on procurement methods, options and outcomes
- Assist in the evaluation process of tender submissions
- Manage supplier performance to ensure that procured value is fully delivered
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Demonstrated experience in the procurement function of a medium sized organisation
- Experience in civil infrastructure sector - highly desirable
- Sound understanding of Procurement Principles as they apply to the public sector (Federal, State or Local Government)
- Qualifications in procurement, supply chain management or other related disciplines
- A current driver's licence (Class C).
Working and living in the Region
Nestled in the eastern foothills of the Great Dividing Range, just one hour from Brisbane, Lockyer Valley has everything within easy reach. From top class restaurants, museums and art galleries to award winning boutique wineries, roadside produce stalls, heritage trails and stunning national parks, Lockyer Valley is ideal for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell, Senior Talent Consultant - 0407 164 6009
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 12th August 2020