Cook Shire Council has an opening for a Procurement Coordinator. The successful candidate will ensure Council's procurement and tendering functions are compliant with relevant legislation.
This is a key role in the organisation, providing effective support to Council's procurement function, managing the tender process, contract development and ensuring purchasing strategies are implemented and adhered to.
- to ensure procurement and purchasing functions are compliant with relevant legislation, policy and procedures.
- to review and enhance the formal request for tender/quotation documentation for all departments within Council; and
- to deliver training to staff on procurement and purchasing functions.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualified in a related discipline or extensive experience in a field relevant to the role
- Substantial experience in end-to-end procurement and contract management tender processes.
- Ability to operate and think commercially and achieve value for money for the benefit of Council and the community.
- Knowledge of legislation, legal obligations and local government process relating to procurement practices; and
- High level negotiation skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
About the Council
Council Cook Shire is the largest land area Shire in Queensland covering 106,000km2 and encompassing some 80% of the Cape York Peninsula region of Far North Queensland. Employment with the Council offers stability and security, combined with a balanced, tropical lifestyle that comes with living in the region.
Council is offering an excellent salary, generous leave and professional development allowances and 12% super.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
The application period for this role ends on Thursday 18 October 2018 at 5pm.