Coordinator Procurement | Lockyer Valley Regional Council | Gatton, QLD
- Lead strategic procurement and contract management
- Promote best practice procurement across the organisation
- Work in the beautiful Lockyer Valley only one hour from Brisbane
Lockyer Valley Regional Council is seeking an experienced procurement professional to lead the strategic direction of procurement and contract management at Council that promotes best practice and meets legislative requirements.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Coordinator Procurement leads a small team and manages all procurement, purchasing, contract and supply-chain activities. As the Coordinator Procurement, you will prepare tender documentation, maintain the contract register, manage preferred supplier agreements and ensure that procurement activities are compliant and align with Council's policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Provide strategic direction and operational leadership to the procurement function at Council.
- Promote continuous process improvements and best practice for procurement and contract management.
- Manage internal reporting to the executive leadership team and audit committee.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Demonstrated procurement experience in an organisation of a similar size and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience in tender development and contract administration.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce, supply chain management and logistics or other related disciplines.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and stakeholder engagement skills.
- A current driver's licence (Class C).
Lockyer Valley is Southeast Queensland's hidden gem, nestled at the foot of the Great Dividing Range and just over an hour's drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Lockyer Valley offers an ideal work/life balance with art galleries, cafes, wineries, markets and walking trails to explore. No matter what time of year, there's a social event to suit every family member - from motorsport events and country race days to retro, heritage and chilli festivals.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 22 November 2021.