Coordinator Procurement | Permanent | Gatton, Qld
Following an organisation-wide procurement review, the Lockyer Valley Regional Council is investing in the position of Coordinator Procurement to improve procurement outcomes within the organisation.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Purpose of the Role
The Coordinator Procurement:
- acts as council's primary procurement resource,
- maintains an organisation-wide view of procurement, purchasing, contract and supply-chain activities
- takes a leading role in continuously improving the organisation's procurement of goods and services, and;
- leads and manages the council's procurement processes end-to-end to secure excellent procurement outcomes, and support and embed the skills and culture of contract management in the organisation.
We are seeking a contemporary procurement professional who operates as a consultant, advisor and partner to the organisation.
Skills and experience of building relationships with internal business units, facilitating corporate goals, managing risk and compliance and building capacity in non-procurement staff will be well regarded.
Qualifications and experience
Relevant qualifications in business, law, procurement and supply chain management will be well regarded.
Essential personal characteristics include;
- A business partnership approach
- Strong organisational and personal engagement skills - achieves through influence.
- A solutions-focus
- Maintains a consultative, facilitative approach.
- Has high levels of personal integrity, a strong process orientation and a risk management mindset.
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 24 February 2020.