Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking a Procurement Advisor.
The main requirement of this position is to provide effective support to the Council's procurement function and ensure purchasing strategies are implemented and adhered to across Council. This position will be based in Maryborough, Qld
Key duties will include;
- Developing formal request for tender/quotation documentation for all departments within Council.
- Establish and maintain contracts for goods and services.
- Establish and maintain preferred supplier arrangements in accordance with Council policy.
Essential skills and experience will include;
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end procurement and contract management tender processes.
- Knowledge of Legislation, legal obligations and Local Government process relating to procurement practices.
- High level of negotiation skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
The Fraser Coast sits at the crossroads of the Wide Bay Burnett, one of Australia's fastest-growing regions. This ideal location and affordable relaxed lifestyle, coupled with a diverse industrial base, creates exciting opportunities.
Fraser Coast Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
For an information pack and to apply for this role, please click on the links below, or for a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 7th May 2018.