Leading Roles has a 3-month contract opportunity (with possibility of extension) for an experienced Procurement Advisor to assist in the procurement functions within a local government organisation.
Reporting to the Procurement Coordinator, you will be working with a well-developed and professional team who play a key role within the organisation.
Experience in procurement functions within local, state or federal government organisations will be highly regarded.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Review requisitions & specifications;
- Provide advice on procurement methods to business units;
- Create, review & approve purchase requisitions;
- Resolve discrepancies and invoice reconciliations;
- Prepare invitations for tender or quote and associated procurement documentation;
- Correspond and communicate with suppliers and business units regarding Council tenders or quotes; and
- Assist suppliers in registering on Council's self-service website to receive invitations to respond.
Essential knowledge and experience include:
- Procurement and purchasing experience in medium sized organisation;
- Administrative skills (letters, phone enquiries, spreadsheets, customer service, MS Office etc);
- Knowledge of procurement processes and governance around tendering and quoting;
- Local, State or Federal government experience very desirable; and
- Previous experience working with TechnologyOne software systems - Highly regarded (Not essential).
This position is located in Queensland's South East corner with close proximity to western Brisbane, Ipswich and Darling Downs.
Leading Roles is offering a competitive hourly rate and an immediate start.
Click Apply Now to submit your application.