Toowoomba Regional Council is seeking an experienced Principal Project / Development Manager (Built Form) to join their already high performing team. This is a role that will allow you to develop your career within a working environment that is focused on excellence and is internationally recognised for their project management and development achievements.
This position is ideally suited to individuals that are willing to bring innovation and be involved in the development of projects of national significance within the Toowoomba region. You will also be focused on contributing, from a Local Government perspective, to the local community and be supported in your long-term career development.
- Project feasibilities, business cases and investment scenario analysis;
- Financial analysis, discounted cash flow analysis;
- Economic efficiency analysis;
- Design management of commercial and/or public building projects;
- The preparation and execution of commercial contracts to deliver significant building projects; and
- Contract administration.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the control and coordination of an extensive project/program of works using a Project Management Framework;
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in a building discipline such as engineering, architecture or construction management, or a relevant related qualification from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Possession of relevant base discipline professional registrations such as RPEQ, RPA, SBQ and/or QBCC licence, or the ability to obtain the relevant registration within 12 months of appointment to the position;
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management (internal and external); and
- Open C Class Driver's License / Construction industry white Card.
- Excellent career development.
- Working on significant projects.
- Opportunities in sustainability / energy development.
- Be involved in smart cities initiative.
Council is offering a competitive remuneration package that includes a vehicle. This is an exciting time to join Toowoomba Regional Council as it develops new opportunities across its portfolio.
The Toowoomba Region
The Toowoomba Region is about rich traditions and bold ambitions. Its long and proud agricultural history has evolved Toowoomba into Australia's second largest inland city supporting diverse townships in the council area and acting as a service centre for South West Queensland and North West New South Wales. The region is boldly forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Growth hasn't come at the expense of liveability though, with Toowoomba twice voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Working at Council
Council offers employees a wide range of attractive benefits including competitive wage/salary rates and remuneration packages, employment initiatives, generous leave provisions, access to facilities and services, corporate rates and memberships.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Sarah Healey on 0474 426 986.
The closing date for applications is Monday 19 November 2018 at 5pm.