Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Toowoomba Regional Council is seeking an experienced Principal Project Manager (Development) to join their already high performing team. This is a role that will allow you to develop your career within a working environment that is focused on excellence and is internationally recognised for their project management and development achievements.
This position is suited to individuals that are willing to bring innovation and be involved in the development of projects of national significance within the Toowoomba region. You will also be focused on contributing, from a Local Government perspective, to the local community and be supported in your long-term career development. Ideally you will have a background in project management within building, construction and development of corporate projects. You will be working on very large projects with significant value, both in a dollar sense and to the local region.
- Project feasibilities, business cases and investment scenario analysis;
- Financial analysis, discounted cash flow analysis;
- Economic efficiency analysis;
- Design management of commercial and/or public building projects;
- The preparation and execution of commercial contracts to deliver significant building projects; and
- Contract administration.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the control and coordination of an extensive project/program of works using a Project Management Framework;
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in a relevant property development related discipline such as property studies, business, architecture or engineering, or a relevant related qualification from a recognised tertiary institution combined with considerable skills and extensive and diverse relevant experience;
- Possession of relevant base discipline professional registrations such as RPEQ, RPA, SBQ and/or QBCC licence, or the ability to obtain the relevant registration within 12 months of appointment to the position;
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management (internal and external); and
- Open C Class Driver's License / Construction industry white Card.
- Excellent career development;
- Working on significant projects of national significance;
- Opportunities in sustainability / energy development; and
- Be involved in smart cities initiative.
Council's Project Services Branch functions as a PMO across the different business areas of Council. The Branch has become a leader in project management, delivering Council's major projects and achieving national and international awards. Major projects include $60m of link connector roads to the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing, Council's new $54m Principal Depot, the $10m Railway Goods Shed refurbishment, and the $27m Highfields Sports Precinct. The Branch is working on the front end of a major development and building program to be delivered over the coming years.
Council is offering a competitive remuneration package that includes a vehicle. This is an exciting time to join Toowoomba Regional Council as it develops new opportunities across its portfolio.
Apply Now with your CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria in the Information Pack. Applications should be provided in Word (.doc or .docx) format.
The closing date for applications is Monday 25 March 2019 at 5pm.