Step up to become Toowoomba Regional Council's Principal Program Development. This is an exciting time to join Council in the Infrastructure Department. The Toowoomba region is experiencing strong growth, with the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing nearing completion, Inland Rail project commencing, and large development projects fuelling this growth.
Council's transport and drainage infrastructure assets are significant, with a road network of over 6,600 km (half sealed, half gravel) valued at $1.9 billion and 630km of stormwater drainage valued at $267 million. Toowoomba Regional Council is recognised as being at the forefront of local government works, with a number of industry awards being received at the 2018 Flood Management Association National Conference and 2018 IPWEAQ Conference.
In this newly created role the successful applicant will use their experience to interpret current state infrastructure planning and conceptualise the desired future state for this planning; develop long term prioritised infrastructure implementation plans for forward capital works programs and financial planning; and define feasible project scopes and concept estimates to support detailed design and construction delivery.
The key to success in this role will be through being a strong people leader with vision, who can stretch your team to innovate and deliver within the program development context while working on developing the business to achieve the desired future planning state.
- To lead and mentor a successful team;
- Development opportunity for a pathway to management; and
- Work within a large forward thinking, progressive council.
- Lead and work in conjunction with Principal Engineers to develop long term strategies;
- Provide leadership and mentoring to their team to build technical capability;
- Provide specialist advise on policy matters and contribute to their development and review and provide financial, technical and professional advice within the Branch, Group and across Council as required;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders and contractors to achieve the most appropriate and desirable outcomes for Council; and
- Prepare briefings, presentations, reports and advice for Council and other stakeholders as required, in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or a relevant related qualification from a recognised tertiary institution combined with extensive and diverse related experience;
- RPEQ (Registered Professional Engineer Queensland), or ability to obtain RPEQ within 12 months of appointment (this will be a condition of appointment)
- Postgraduate qualifications in management are desirable; and
- Open C class driver's License.
Council is offering a generous remuneration package (including vehicle) with excellent personal development opportunities in the future. This is a challenging role that will allow you to work across a diverse range of projects within an organisation that has strong values and a commitment to developing its people.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
For further information please download the Information Pack for this role from https://www.leadingroles.com.au/job-search or for a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
The closing date for applications is Monday 28 January at 5pm