Tablelands Regional Council is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Principal Planner to join the team at their Atherton offices.
This is a key role in the organisation which will see you responsible for processing and assessing development applications for Tablelands Regional Council and you must have a solid understanding of the Queensland Planning Act.
The position is required to support the Coordinator Planning to ensure the development application process includes sound consideration of economic development opportunities and meets legislative requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate and manage the assessment of development applications against relevant planning instruments and statutory requirements.
- Ensuring that consideration of development applications includes site visits (where appropriate), consideration of economic development opportunities, as well as community infrastructure considerations.
- Provide sound advice on development application matters.
- Prepare high quality professional reports and recommendations for approval by the Coordinator Planning.
- Develop effective relationships and partnerships with stakeholders to ensure alignment of the development application assessment process to the organisational vision.
- Coach and mentor planning officers, technical officers and administration staff to ensure effective teamwork, knowledge sharing and capability development.
- Lead the investigation of planning and land-use complaints and compliance issues and provide recommendations regarding enforcement proceedings where necessary.
Essential Qualifications and Experience;
- Must have experience with working under the Queensland Planning Act
- Relevant qualifications in urban/regional planning or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role
The Tablelands Regional Council services a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, in Queensland.
Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands region has good road networks with endless opportunities to explore, year-round great climate, rich history, new world-class infrastructure, an assortment of accommodation options and friendly hospitality - making it a great place to live and raise a family.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan at Leading Roles on 0407 009 243.
The application period will close at 5pm, Monday 17th September 2018.