Principal Lead Civil Engineer |
Townsville City Council | Townsville, North Qld
- Lead a team of technical engineering professionals
- Provide technical advice and RPEQ approval for capital works programs
- Lead safety and change management initiatives
Townsville City Council is seeking an experienced engineering professional to lead a team in the design of transport, traffic and civil infrastructure projects. Reporting to the Team Manager, Technical and Asset Planning Civil and Open Space, the Principal Lead Civil Engineer provides technical advice for planning, concept development and design of capital works programs.
Key features of this role include:
- Forward planning, scoping and operational delivery of capital works projects
- Promote continuous improvements and best practice delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Lead team performance, safety and change management.
- Contribute technical expertise to the council's infrastructure planning and design.
- Build positive working relationships across the organisation, industry stakeholders and the community.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with RPEQ (mandatory).
- Extensive experience in engineering planning and design, maintenance and operation of transport, traffic and civil infrastructure projects.
- Leadership experience, highly developed communication, and problem-solving skills to manage a team and diverse stakeholders.
- Lead positive safety behaviours, continuous improvement
Located about halfway between the tip of Cape York and Brisbane, Townsville is a thriving precinct that offers spectacular sporting events, world class education facilities, affordable housing and more than 300 days of sunshine each year.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5 pm Wednesday 12 January 2022.