Principal Environment Officer - Planning and Policy | Moreton Bay Regional Council | Caboolture
Lead environmental planning and policy and shape sustainable development outcomes for the Moreton Bay region.
The Principal Environment Officer -Planning and Policy role will provide leadership, guidance and advice on environmental policy, strategy and planning matters for Moreton Bay Regional Council.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Challenges and Opportunities
- Lead the environmental strategy and policy in the identification and development of environmental policies, strategies and plans that support Council's environmental objectives.
- Identify, classify and embed the region's environmental values into the planning scheme and policy of the organisation.
- Balance the needs and priorities of commercial, community and Government stakeholders through active engagement.
- Bring maturity, strong values, confidence, political awareness and a pragmatic approach.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical skills and experience that support environmental planning and policy leadership.
- Experience in managing high quality technical and professional teams.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant area and significant experience in environmental policy and planning.
Working and Living in the Region
The Moreton Bay Region is located in Queensland’s south-east corner with Caboolture only 50 minutes from Brisbane CBD. The regional area spans more than 2,037 square kilometres, and is home to rural townships, urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business precincts. From island getaways and 4WD off-roading to scenic camping spots and fantastic fishing, Moreton Bay region has it all!
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 30 March 2020.