Principal Engineer | Charters Towers Regional Council |North Queensland
- Take the next step and supercharge your career
- Generous remuneration including private use vehicle and 12% super
- Excellent work culture and career development opportunities
Charters Towers Regional Council is seeking a tertiary qualified Civil Engineer who is motivated to lead a technical team, in the delivery of a significant program of civil infrastructure projects.
The Principal Engineer provides a professional engineering capability in the council's
- Management of the Department of Transport Main Road (DTMR) Contracts,
- Maintenance and Construction of Council controlled road projects (sealed and unsealed), and,
- Associated technical support in Asset Management, Quality Assurance, Traffic Management Plans, Surveying and general engineering needs.
Working with a team of established and highly regarded leaders, this role offers excellent personal and professional development opportunities and a great working environment.
Skills, attributes and qualifications
- Experience working in local government or a related entity in the delivery of civil infrastructure works programs.
- Ability to lead, manage and develop a technical workgroup.
- Stakeholder engagement skills - experience in building relationships with customers, elected members and external stakeholders such as TMR.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil engineering.
Working with a forward-thinking and progressive council, this role offers an outstanding opportunity to influence the positive future development of the Charters Towers region. An attractive remuneration package is being offered including a private use vehicle, up to 12% superannuation and well supported professional development.
With the incredible Lake Buchanan, rugged White Mountains National Park and the mighty Burdekin River flowing through this vast region, Charters Towers is ideal for nature enthusiasts and recreational activities such as fishing, hiking and kayaking.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 21 March 2022.