Principal Engineer - Technical Services I Lockyer Valley Regional Council I Gatton I 12-month contract
Contribute high level technical expertise to shape the future infrastructure of the Lockyer Valley region!
As the Principal Engineer - Technical Services, you will play a key role in delivering a diverse portfolio of transformational infrastructure projects for Lockyer Valley Regional Council.
This position is being offered as a 12-month contract.
Key to your success will be your ability to innovate, think strategically and manage stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are achieved in line with quality, safety, budget and time requirements.
- Develop and deliver infrastructure that supports a growing community.
- Project Manage the initiation, scope development, survey and design of a diverse range of infrastructure services for the local region such as roads and drainage projects as well as asset rehabilitation projects.
- Coach and mentor junior technical staff strengthening performance and outcomes.
- Join an organisation that embraces innovation and initiatives that positively contribute to local communities.
Qualifications, Experience and Technical Capabilities Required:
- High level communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to produce positive outcomes for the organisation and community.
- Registered Professional Engineer (RPEQ) or equivalent.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Extensive experience of infrastructure planning and design projects in a local government or comparable organisation.
If you have what it takes to a contribute to a high performing technical team and project manage diverse range of infrastructure projects, this is an opportunity that you should not miss!
Working and living in the Region
Lockyer Valley is South East Queensland's hidden gem, nestled at the foot of the Great Dividing Range and just over an hour's drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Lockyer Valley offers an ideal work/life balance and active weekends with art galleries, cafes, wineries, markets and walking trails to explore. No matter what time of year, there's a social event to suit every family member - from motorsport events, swap meets and country race days to retro, heritage and chilli festivals.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker - Executive Talent Consultant - 0411 449 447
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 28 September 2020.