Principal Engineer - Technical Services I Lockyer Valley Regional Council I Gatton I 4 year contract
Contribute high level technical expertise to shape future infrastructure projects in the Lockyer Valley region.
The Principal Engineer - Technical Services, plays a key role in delivering a diverse portfolio of transformational infrastructure projects for Lockyer Valley Regional Council. The key to success will be your ability to innovate, think strategically and manage stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are in line with quality, safety, budget and time requirements.
- Develop and deliver infrastructure that supports a growing community.
- Project Manage the initiation, scope development, survey and design of infrastructure services such as roads and drainage projects and asset rehabilitation projects.
- Coach and mentor junior technical staff to strengthen performance and outcomes.
- Join an organisation that embraces innovation and initiatives that positively contribute to local communities.
Qualifications, experience and technical capabilities required:
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Registered Professional Engineer (RPEQ) or equivalent.
- High level communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to produce positive outcomes for the organisation and community.
- Extensive experience of infrastructure planning and design projects in a local government or comparable organisation.
If you have what it takes to project manage and contribute to a high performing technical team, this is an opportunity to make a real impact, supporting the delivery of infrastructure projects.
Working and living in the Region
Lockyer Valley is South East Queensland's hidden gem, nestled at the foot of the Great Dividing Range and just over an hour's drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Lockyer Valley offers an ideal work/life balance and active weekends with art galleries, cafes, wineries, markets and walking trails to explore. No matter what time of year, there's a social event to suit every family member - from motorsport events, swap meets and country race days to retro, heritage and chilli festivals.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 1 February 2021.