Toowoomba Regional Council is seeking a new people leader within the transport and drainage planning team as a Principal Engineer Drainage Planning. The role is offered as a full-time permanent position.
This is a unique opportunity that will encompass your skills as a leader and your experience in an engineering drainage planning environment. You will lead a very capable team that is highly regarded in the industry. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an extensive suite of flood management systems, as well as the 10 year capital works project. You will have extensive and varied experience in drainage but more importantly be a proactive and engaging people leader.
- Be a mentor and leader of Council's drainage planning team.
- Drive the delivery of drainage infrastructure planning through urban stormwater management plans and flood risk management plans for Toowoomba City and some 30 regional townships, including prioritising projects for Council's 10 year capital works plan and LGIP planning.
- Prepare briefings, presentations, reports and advice for Council and other stakeholders relating to the services provided and activities undertaken by your work area.
- Provide specialist advice and assistance to a range of internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Strategic Planning, Development Services, and Disaster Management.
- Work with an extensive suite of over 40 flood models across the Toowoomba region area.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant related qualification from a recognised University with extensive related experience.
- Possession of a current unrestricted 'C' Class Driver's Licence.
- Extensive related experience in drainage infrastructure planning is essential.
- RPEQ or eligibility to acquire within 12 months.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team to develop, coach, lead, motivate and support staff to achieve Branch and Organisational outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and review the structure and operations of a team in order to identify and manage the implementation of change, to formulate and establish processes, procedures and work practices within the team, and to lead team members along the journey of cultural and operational change.
- Demonstrated high-level skills in leading and managing a broad range of flooding and drainage planning technical studies is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver technical presentations and write reports.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in oral and written communications and customer service skills, time management skills and analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to develop methodologies, procedures and processes in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and manage all activities and outcomes including the preparation and management of operational and capital budgets.
- Commitment to Council's Organisational Value and Behaviour.
The Toowoomba region has a population of approximately 105,000 and is located within a 90-minute drive west of Brisbane. The region is forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Toowoomba has twice been voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Council is offering a generous remuneration package with excellent personal development opportunities in the future. This is a challenging role that will allow you to work across a diverse range of projects within an organisation that has strong values and a commitment to developing it people.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Sarah Healey on 0474 426 986.
The closing date for applications is Monday 5 November 2018 at 5pm.