Principal Development Planner | Mackay Regional Council | Mackay, Qld
- Lead and mentor a team of planning and technical staff
- Provide planning advice and assessment of development applications
- Lead initiatives for continuous improvement
Mackay Regional Council is seeking an experienced and proactive planning professional to lead a planning team that provides town planning assessment services.
Reporting to the Coordinator Development Planning and Engineering, the Principal Development Planner manages the team that undertakes the planning assessment of complex and regionally significant development applications received by the Council, ensuring the assessment process is timely and complies with planning standards, council policies and statutory requirements.
Key features of this role include:
- Contribute planning expertise to the assessment of development applications.
- Promote continuous improvement and best practice delivery of planning assessments, response rates, service level agreements and statutory obligations.
- Lead change and develop the team focussing on performance, customer service and delivery.
- Build positive working relationships across the organisation, industry stakeholders and the community.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or equivalent with Planning Institute membership (desirable).
- Highly developed skills overseeing complex development application proposals including residential, commercial, subdivision, recreation and tourist projects.
- Team leadership experience, highly developed communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Manage time effectively, adapt to changing priorities and schedule resources.
- Lead, model and embed positive, engaged and continuously improving customer service behaviours in the team.
Located on the Central Queensland coast, Mackay has a vibrant economy, idyllic lifestyle and excellent health, educational and recreational facilities. As one of the most accessible regional destinations by air, road or rail, Mackay is renowned for its spectacular beaches, national parks and conservation areas and Australia's longest stretch of sub-tropical rainforest.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information pack to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 31 January 2022.