Be part of the leadership, innovation and performance in the design of Gladstone's essential infrastructure assets. This role would suit either a highly experienced Civil Engineer or a Civil Engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career.
Gladstone Regional Council is a dynamic organisation that is transforming the way Local Government works. Council is looking for a Principal Engineer to bring their expertise to the design of Gladstone's essential infrastructure assets.
This is a key role providing technical expertise and leadership to the team responsible for investigating and resolving infrastructure asset issues and developing and designing safe, sustainable and high performing asset solutions for the communities of the Gladstone Region.
You will be required to provide expert engineering advice and innovative ideas around Gladstone's roads networks, waste facilities and park infrastructure assets. You will work on a wide range of projects, supported by a team of engineers and designers.
- Bring innovation, capability and skills in the design and development of Council assets.
- Providing leadership and mentoring to a team of Engineers.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external consultants to meet program and project deadlines.
- Promote a customer centric approach to asset solutions, ensuring high satisfaction and efficient service delivery.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in solving and designing engineering solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registration as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) accreditation.
- Knowledge of water and waste water assets is desirable.
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunities for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Gladstone Regional Council offers its employees great incentives including salary packaging options, and health and wellbeing services. Council also offers innovative learning and development opportunities for its Engineering staff.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 3rd December 2018.