Hinchinbrook Shire Council is seeking a committed Operations Manager to lead Council's Environment, Waste and Local Laws team. This position leads Council's public health, waste management, local laws - including the cemeteries, animal management and pest and weed management functions and ensures the team are delivering efficient and customer focused services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Delivery of high-quality public health, environmental and regulatory services.
- Providing advice on emerging issues, strategy, legislative requirements and policies.
- Management of the Environment, Waste and Local Laws team's Budget.
- Overseeing regular inspections, investigations, and issuing of notices.
- Build a high performing Environment, Waste and Local Laws team.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience of regional Environmental Services including Local Laws is highly desirable.
- Experience managing compliance issues and complaints management systems.
- Sound analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficiency in the development of briefing papers and report writing.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications. This is a Full Time Fixed Term position of 5 years.
The Hinchinbrook Shire, nestled in the Herbert River Valley and located an hour north of Townsville, offers a quiet, relaxed lifestyle that that balances work, family and personal pursuits. In addition to bush, beach, rainforest and farming environments, Hinchinbrook also boasts a lower cost of living, no city traffic and shorter travel times to work.
The Hinchinbrook region offers an abundance of golden beaches, national parks, offshore islands, boating, fishing and camping, alongside numerous clubs and associations that involve sport, art and culture. There are also a great selection of early learning centres and schools (public and private), modern health and medical facilities and easy access to Townsville and Cairns, both with International Airports.
Applications are open for the opportunity to immerse yourself in the wonderful lifestyle that is The Hinchinbrook Way.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 15 October 2018.