Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Operations Engineer (Water and Water) is a newly created role in Tablelands Regional Council's Infrastructure Services team. The role is accountable for providing professional engineering support, advice and assistance to Council staff and to external stakeholders, with a specific focus on Water, Wastewater and the Waste Operational area.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To provide engineering support to the operational areas of the Water & Waste group;
- Introduce and apply contemporary industry practices and techniques to the operation and maintenance of water, wastewater and waste assets;
- Assist the Manager Waste and Water in monitoring the performance of the Operational areas of the Water & Waste Group;
- Oversee and coordinate the integration of asset management, compliance, administrative and WH&S processes and systems;
- Project Manage and administer contracts to deliver strategic operational activities and develop efficiencies in external recurring service contracts; and
- To oversee and drive improvements in the Administrative Support functions to the Water and Waste Group.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or significant relevant work experience in a water and waste discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within the private sector or a Local Government entity;
- Current C Class Drivers licence;
- Demonstrated ability to lead innovation and best work practices;
- Proven track record with regards to stakeholder engagement including consultation with the local community;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in sound project management principles; and
- A demonstrated understanding of Water and Waste legislation, compliance and service delivery standards.
Your strong experience in the overall delivery of Water and Waste services will see you succeed in a team dedicated to excellence and innovation. Your positive attitude and willingness to contribute will ensure job satisfaction.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
Applications will close on Monday 24th June 2019 - 5.00pm