Gladstone Regional Council is looking to appoint a Media Advisor to develop and maintain strategic relationships with local, state and national media and enhance and support Council's key priorities and strategic objectives.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop proactive relationships with media to facilitate positive, fair and accurate coverage of Gladstone Regional Council
- Provide strategic media advice to leadership team, including the Mayor and Councillors, to ensure Council maximises communications opportunities
- Research, develop and respond to all media enquires in a timely fashion
- Develop and implement strategies to effectively manage Council's positive reputation and connection with its community
- Organise media briefings, photo opportunities and media conferences as appropriate.
Required experience and qualifications
- Bachelor of Communications, journalism (or related discipline) and or experience in a similar role
- Advanced writing skills and experience producing communication and marketing collateral
- High level skills in community engagement planning and provision of advice
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland
The Gladstone region is a dynamic central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for 650 plus employees.
A competitive remuneration is on offer. The Council also offers its employees great incentives including salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Applications will close at 5pm on 17 September 2018.