Manager Works and Operations | Mount Isa City Council
- Lead a large and committed Works team in the Mount Isa region
- Improve quality and safety of roads infrastructure assets
- Create clean, green community recreational spaces
Deliver safe roads and beautify public spaces in the Mount Isa region.
The Council's goal is to improve the liveability and community pride in the Mount Isa city, and the Manager Works and Operations has a leadership role in delivering this goal through council's infrastructure services and operations.
The Manager oversees the construction and maintenance teams, the fleet assets, the workshop and council's concrete batching plant and undertakes construction, repairs and maintenance of the council's road infrastructure assets.
The Manager also has a leading role in creating a town centre and parks that are clean, green and attractive spaces for business and recreation for the region's residents and visitors.
Key skills, experience and attributes sought
- Tertiary Qualifications in Construction or Engineering preferred.
- Extensive experience in a similar role, preferably in a Local Government environment.
- Certificate IV in Construction and Maintenance (Roads & Traffic Infrastructure)
- Management of construction and maintenance - roads and traffic infrastructure activities.
- High level knowledge of civil construction quality assurance processes.
- Experience in the preparation of cost estimates and budget allocations for civil construction projects.
- Current "C" class manual Driver's Licence or ability to acquire a licence prior to officially commencing in the role.
- Possession of a current WH&S Construction White Card.
Mount Isa City Council seeks to create a city shaped by its unique geographical location that aspires to a high quality of life and prosperous future supported by a growing mining and minerals processing sector, expanding tourist trade and sustainable rural, commercial and industrial business. Mount Isa is a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, work/life balance and outback lifestyle.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications will close 5pm, Monday 1 March 2021.