Manager - Work Health and Safety
Bundaberg Regional Council | Bundaberg, Qld
- Lead a successful work health and safety programme with a key focus on improving business continuity, service delivery and safety culture.
- Develop and mentor a well-established team of safety business partners and administrators.
The Manager Work Health and Safety will proactively lead Bundaberg Regional Council's health and safety culture. You will provide accurate specialist advice, guidance and interpretations to all council employees on work health and safety strategies including policy, procedure, legislation and best practice.
Your work will be underpinned by council's priority focus that all incidents are avoidable and strives to create an environment free from injury or illness.
- Meeting the work health and safety KPI's of the council's strategic plan.
- Planning and prioritising key safety initiatives and programs that are measurable and provide positive results.
- Minimising lost time injuries through target driven monitoring, compliance and innovative programs.
- Developing and refining of safety reporting functions for all work groups that are easily implemented and relevant to the work being undertaken.
- Leads a safety management team of five professional staff.
- Assists in the development and implementation of council's people, safety and culture strategic plan.
- Identifies, recommends and implements safety initiatives and programs that generate proactive awareness and compliance.
- Coordinates the work health and safety communication flow across council.
- Develops, implements, monitors, evaluates and reviews work health and safety strategies, policies and plans.
- Proactively manages safety performance trends, focusing on risk and compliance.
- Provides regular reporting with regards to safety management compliance, outcomes and issues.
Personal Attributes and Qualifications Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (Work Health and Safety) with significant experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to inspire and lead others.
- Be accountable for organisational wide work health and safety culture, results and initiatives.
- Experience in managing and developing a team of work health and safety professionals.
- Experience in the development of best practice work health and safety strategies, policies and procedures for an organisation with similar scale, scope and challenges.
- An intimate knowledge of work health and safety legislative frameworks.
Council is offering a generous remuneration package, including vehicle and 12% superannuation. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in an organisation that values its people and provides excellent community services to the local region.
How to apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 16 November 2020.