- Engineer to lead water & wastewater functions, manage 35 staff
- Work collaboratively with Council's established and high performing team.
- Future manage water & wastewater for World Heritage areas
The Douglas Shire Council has a fantastic career opportunity for an engineer, experienced in Water and Wastewater management to lead the water, wastewater and trade waste functions of Council.
Drawing on your extensive knowledge of service delivery in highly regulated environments as well as your ability to liaise with both internal and external key stakeholders, including the traditional owners of the land as well as State Government Officials, you will effect the strategy for future management of these essential services for World Heritage areas in years to come.
Your strong leadership focus and commitment to fostering professional development throughout your teams totalling 35 staff as well as relationship building skills will ensure success in this role.
Your demonstrated engineering experience in infrastructure and background in treatment plants are essential and experience in Local Government is favourable. Ideally you will possess RPEQ and Project Management qualifications.
Key Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Assist the General Manager operations in leading, planning and organising the water, wastewater and trade waste functions of Council.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative and statutory requirements
- Manage Council contracts relating to Water, Wastewater and Trade Waste.
- Review current Drinking Water and Recycled Water Quality Plans.
Essential Skills include;
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrated management and operational experience.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the operation of water and wastewater treatment systems.
- High level of experience in contract development, tendering processes and contract management.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation associated with supply of drinking water and reporting requirements for water, wastewater and recycled water.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Please click on the links below to download the information pack and application form for this role.
For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243 or submit your resume with a covering letter via the Leading Roles website www.leadingroles.com.au/job-search/
Applications for this position will close on Monday 18 June 2018 at 5pm.